Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rhythm of my Heart

I went for medical check-up last Tuesday. I remembered the time when I had to go through the Hyperbaric Chamber. It wasn't a 100% guaranteed that I would pass the test and furthermore I see many people going before me failed. Luckily, I passed the Hyperbaric Chamber Test. This time it was only Urine Test, X-Ray, Eye Test & ECG. So I thought it was a simple one. After undergoing all the tests, I went to Room 6 to see the MO. He look at my ECG result and was shocked. He asked me whether I read my own ECG result. There was a line stating Abnormal Right Deviation. (if I remember correctly) He said my heart was having irregular beatings. He said only 10% will have this and it is a high chance of them getting not a PES A or B. However, some are perfectly fine with that and got a great PES Status.

What the Frog? I wasn't convinced with the result. I kept asking him questions about what is going to happen when I enlist. I wasn't going to jump from C-130 after all. So I quickly cab down to 2nd Home to witness the selection and tried to give myself hope. There, only is eligible to take the selection tests. Chief of Air was there and he hasn’t taken his medical screening. I went straight to Commandant and asked him what the possibilities are. The Legendary Isammudin was there. He wasn't that fearsome as they used to say.

There I was, with Alvin, in CMPB again on Wednesday. Went through all the tests again. Nothing much changed in me after a day. So I'm prepared to get the same results. Went in to see the MO again. And he said the same things. And he was looking at my ECG result for a little while. And I was expecting the same result. And there it was, "You're fit for your course." Okay. Okay? What?! I got through!!! Wooohoooo!!!!

Lesson learnt is...........Believe in yourself....

0 comments: